ZMB Young Scientist Grant 2017 – Call for Proposals
Building bridges between life science disciplines and enabling cutting edge technology are the main ideas of the Center for Molecular Biosciences (ZMB). The ZMB signature award is thus meant to foster inter- and transdisciplinary work of young scientists from all areas of Kiel Life Science. The successful applicants are expected to combine expertise from different fields and/or faculties. Ideally, this also involves networking with partners from the ZMB.
Two different types of proposals will be awarded:
• Two 10k€ awards for doctoral students
• Two 20k€ postdoc/young physician researcher awards
Different flexible formats are supported, which can be either a “classical” research proposal or an exceptional proposal for an international minisymposium on a specific topic related to the work of the applicant.
Deadline: 28th August 2017
• Excellent individual quality: outstanding previous qualifications (Master or PhD/MD examination/thesis)
• Excellent quality of the proposal
• Research activities must be focused on life sciences
• For postdocs: Application max. 3 years after having obtained the doctoral degree (date of document is determinant)
To apply, please submit:
• Research or minisymposium proposal
• Letter of recommendation from PI
• Additional information about publication activity, age and the interdisciplinary significance of your doctoral thesis/current work is required
The winners will be invited to give a talk at the ZMB lecture ceremony in October 2017.
Please submit your proposals by e-mail (in one pdf: max. of 5 pages, Arial 11pt; 1.5 space) to the KLS Scientific Office, Dr. Kirsten Emmert, firstname.lastname@example.org.